Frequently Asked Questions
- Isn't this something our IT staff is already doing?
- If we still have errors after checking content ourselves how will a WebCheck™ Foundation Review do any better?
- Our website changes on a regular basis so how does receiving an occasional report help?
- How secure and safe is my data / IP / corporate information?
- I have learned of your service but my organisation is not based in Australia. Can I still engage WebCheck™ Consulting for the regular review of our corporate website?
- What Terms and Conditions apply to the WebCheck™ Foundation Review service?
- How much does a WebCheck™ Foundation Review cost and what is the minimum contractual period?
Isn't this something our IT staff is already doing?
For technical matters, upgrades, response times, availability, etc. this is absolutely true. The correctness of content, currency of news and events, consistency with the corporate image and direction, layout, spacing, image quality, etc. must not be left with IT. It is not fair to them and it guarantees only one outcome.
Web correctness like other areas such as, Quality Management Systems, newsletters, phone answering practice, expense claim management, time recording, etc. move in and out of focus as other events and demands compete for the finite time available.
WebCheck™ Consulting provides systematic, professional and regular non-threatening support to your organisation regardless of who you believe “owns” the content of the corporate website(s).
There is of course no one single owner. WebCheck™ believes that the MD / CEO is ultimately responsible for the messages contained within it but many people throughout the organisation have a duty of care and accountability for the correctness of the material for which they are responsible. This, of course involves, HR, Accounts/Finance, Contact Centre, Marketing, Sales, Parent Company Representatives, Business Partners, Customers through Success Stories, Legal, The Board, Quality Management, Reception, etc. This is the problem!
If we still have errors after checking content ourselves how will a WebCheck™ Foundation Review do any better?
It is a well know fact that familiarity with material is the enemy of objective review. It is for this reason that professional proof-readers check documents from end to start to avoid getting drawn into the meaning. With the pace of business and the dynamic nature of the Web it is difficult for your focused staff to find the time to undertake the professional scrutiny that WebCheck™ provides on a regular basis.
With the very best of intentions your own people cannot avoid a very subjective approach when asked to review Web material. WebCheck™ brings objectivity, specialised skills & tools and experience in undertaking systematic and logical reviews and the reporting of findings in a timely manner. It is not our intention to assume responsibility for day-to-day management or updating of your website. We are like “personal trainers” for the Web helping you to achieve 100% Web fitness. We tell you what is wrong, not working or reducing your effectiveness but we leave you to use the feedback to adjust your processes and improve your image. This is in line with your Quality Goals of continuous improvement.
Our website changes on a regular basis so how does receiving an occasional report help?
A WebCheck™ Review is like insurance where you can take out a premium to cover all contingencies or reduce the premium and retain some risk.
For an organisation with reasonably stable content a monthly review is recommended. In addition to this if at any time there is a planned release of a large volume of new material then you can always contact us and book an additional review session at your current rate.
The dynamic nature of the Web and websites means that we need to jointly establish the frequency and timing of the review points.
Given that there are probably errors to be identified and reported WebCheck™ Consulting recommends its engagement for the provision of the WebCheck™ Foundation Review service over an initial period of three  months at a total cost of AU$1,125 incl. GST. This will culminate in an evaluation and the planning of your usage of our services going forward.
How secure and safe is my data / IP / corporate information?
Totally! WebCheck™ only works with the material that you wish others to see. We do not require access to servers, networks, or code. All proposed changes are made by your organisation unless of course you wish to make special arrangements with WebCheck™. Any such service would be covered by a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
I have learned of your service but my organisation is not based in Australia. Can I still engage WebCheck™ Consulting for the regular review of our corporate website?
Yes, providing that we are talking about a shade of English.
Our team is well aware of the subtle differences in English across the globe so there is no “tyranny in distance”. We welcome inquiries from the UK, Canada, United States, New Zealand, Singapore, Fiji and any countries producing English-based websites.
You will receive exactly the same service. If needed, we can talk via tele- or video-conference.
You will pay for the services supplied by WebCheck™ in Australian dollars. The GST paid locally does not apply to orders received from other countries.
What Terms and Conditions apply to the WebCheck™ Foundation Service?
The following Terms & Conditions apply:
- Listed rates include GST
- This offer is valid for 60 days
- The Total Service Fee for the agreed period is invoiced on commencement
- Invoice payment terms are 30 days
- Reports will be forwarded to the nominated contact email address
- The unavailability of the website for review and testing by WebCheck™ Consulting will not be grounds for any reduction in service fees payable to Mastery Education Pty Limited
- Mastery Education will take all reasonable care in the review, testing and reporting but because of the dynamic nature of the Web cannot be held responsible for any losses or damages that might arise from errors, omissions or suggested changes / modifications / additions to a website
- The term “website” is agreed to mean an electronic source of information accessed by a URL address that has a home page and linked pages that typically address a specific topic area. For the sake of clarity we will call this the “primary” website and any other websites reached from the primary site will be referred to as “secondary” websites. The WebCheck™ Foundation Review addresses the primary website and therefore excludes linked secondary websites of third parties and discrete secondary websites even when owned and made available by the owner of the primary website
- The material contained in textual documents [Microsoft® Word, PDF, Microsoft® PowerPoint, etc.] that are linked to a primary site is excluded from the scope of a WebCheck™ Foundation Review and can be addressed via a request for quotation and the establishment of a supplementary agreement, as required
- A WebCheck™ Foundation Review is a prerequisite to the provision of any other web-related services by Mastery Education Pty Limited
- Mastery Education will consider requests for a WebCheck™ Foundation Review and where appropriate communicate a service offering within one (1) business day. Mastery Education reserves the right to decline requests for service where the nature of content or website format is deemed to be inappropriate
How much does a WebCheck™ Foundation Review cost and what is the minimum contractual period?
It is AU$375 incl. GST and the minimum is for three consecutive months making a total $1,125 incl. GST. You will see from the table below that cost savings can be made by subscribing to the WebCheck™ Foundation Review service for a longer contractual term.
|3 Month Agreement
|6 Month Agreement||12 Month Agreement|
1 Review p/month x 3
Total: $1,125 incl. GST
1 Review p/month x 6
Total: $1,950 incl. GST
1 Review p/month x 12
Total: $3,300 incl. GST